A JOBO Artisan Workshop
August 27 – 30, 2020
Alan Ross is a master at helping photographers of all ages and working at any level refine his or her own photographic vision and express it with confidence and skill. During this four-day hands-on, intensive workshop, Alan will carefully demonstrate his methods, approaches and tricks-of-the-trade for translating what’s in front of you to what’s in your mind’s eye, and getting the right information onto film. He will also share a friendly critique of your work, and you are strongly encouraged to bring samples.
Among the Topics Covered
- Equipment choice and its impact on your final image
- Evaluating and isolating the elements of a scene
- Translating the literal to the expressive
- Choosing a lens and using it well
- Using the Zone System to master exposure
- Managing depth-of-field
- Filters: when and how to use them
- Decisions at the time of exposure that will help in printing
- Utilizing the features of a large format camera
Who Should Attend: Anyone with a basic understanding of, and passion for, film photography
Facility: JOBO Artisan Studio and Darkroom in Gummersbach, Germany
Class Limit: 12
Class Hours: Approximately 9 am to 6 pm daily, with a break for lunch.
Food and Lodging: Meals and lodging are the responsibility of each participant. Information on local hotels will be provided upon registration.
Cost: €499 (approximately $560 as of December 2019)