Custom Workshops for One or Two Photographers
Film or Digital
The secret to successfully realizing your photographic vision is not in the tools or technology you use, but in knowing how to see, interpret and express.
Alan Ross is a sought-after photographic educator who has helped amateurs and professionals alike fine-tune their photographic expression.
With a workshop curriculum designed specifically for you, the emphasis will be on mastering those photographic concepts and techniques essential to the creation of a meaningful image that represents your vision.
Whatever your style or format–color or black-and-white, film or digital, large format or 35mm–Alan will teach you how to isolate and evaluate the elements of a scene, translate the literal to the expressive, and use optics and exposure to best effect.
Magical Santa Fe and the historic communities of northern New Mexico are at your doorstep for field work, and where better than the studio of a master to immerse yourself in the creation of an expressive print.
By the end of your workshop, you will have the tools and methodology to respond to your vision with skill and confidence.
“Alan didn’t to just teach me how to master the technical, but, more importantly, to strengthen my ability to ‘see,’ which crosses all formats within the photography medium.” ~ Chuck T., Tennessee
What You’ll Learn
Techniques and photographic concepts you might cover during your workshop:
- Visualization and composition
- Optics and exposure
- Learning a new camera or format
- The tricks and nuances that take your image from a snapshot to a photograph
- Field techniques for the film or digital photographer
- Finding and expanding your photographic voice
- Printing & Presentation—preparing an image for printing and bringing your vision to life on paper, either digitally or traditionally.
- Duration: 1 to 5 days
- Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Class Size: One or two
- Dates: Subject to availability. Please contact Alan directly by email with specific dates in mind.
- Location: Santa Fe, NM. (NOTE: Alan is also available to work with you in your own space/environment. Travel time and expenses may apply.)
- Lodging: Santa Fe has many choices, from camping to luxury hotels. We’re happy to help you find accommodations to suit your needs and fit your budget.
- Fees: $750 per day for 1 – 2 days; $700 per day for 3 – 5 days. Deposit of 20% required to hold your dates. Workshop fee balance is due at the completion of the workshop.
- Materials & Other Charges: For workshops that include printing and/or finishing, most people find it more convenient to work with the paper and materials on hand in Alan’s studio. These are billed at approximate MSRP on an as-used basis. A fuel reimbursement will be applied for field session travel.
- Cancellations: Changes sometimes do need to be made, so the deposit will be refunded in full if cancellation is made 60 days prior to the scheduled workshop start, 50% between 60 and 30 days, and no refund with less than 30 days notice.
To pay the workshop deposit or balance, just click on the Paypal link.