Beyond the Snapshot: Expressing Your Vision
There’s nothing wrong with snapshots…they’re great for recording events, friends and family or fun vacations. For our creative personal photography, though, most of us want to go deeper and share a feeling, an experience or a reaction. We want to tell a story.
Join Alan as he takes you step-by-step through how he “sees” photographically and how he creates an image that expresses his personal vision.
Among the things you’ll learn:
- The importance of intention
- Evaluating a scene and organizing your composition
- Choosing the right lens
- Nailing your exposure
- Filters – when and how to use them
- Why placement of your lens determines the structure of your image
- The “perfect” is the enemy of the “most useful” when it comes to capture or negative
- Expressing your vision – translating the literal to the expressive
Limited to 5 participants. Ninety minutes of fun and learning.
Current schedule (all times Mountain Time):
Monday, June 29th, 3 – 4:30 pm, Mountain Time
Wednesday, July 8th, 10 – 11:30 am, Mountain Time