(Dates TBD Due to COVID)
Carmel Visual Arts
An expressive photograph is the ultimate blend of vision, passion and craft. The secret to creating one is not in the tools or technology you use, but in knowing how to see, interpret and express.
In this hands-on exciting workshop you will explore your own photograph expression under the guidance of former Ansel Adams’ assistants and master photographers, Alan Ross and Ted Orland.
The emphasis will be on mastering those photographic concepts and techniques essential to the creation of a more expressive image that represents your vision.
Visits to Big Sur and some of the Monterey Peninsula’s most visually stunning locations will provide inspiration and insight, with demonstrations, practice sessions and critique laying the foundation for individual photographic advancement.
What You’ll Learn
Important topics covered during the intensive week:
- How equipment choice impacts your final image
- Choosing a lens and using it well
- Optics and exposure
- Filters—when and how to use them
- Evaluating a scene and managing the details
- Translating what’s in front of you to what’s in your mind’s eye
- Preparing the image for printing
- Printing and presentation–bringing your vision to life on paper
By the end of the workshop, you will have the tools and methodology you need to respond to your vision with confidence.
This workshop is offered through Carmel Visual Arts. The fee is $750, which includes instruction and entrance fee to Point Lobos. Lodging and meals are not included.